A vendor has the ability to enter time on behalf of any resource working for their company that has a contract and project in dotStaff
- Log in to dotStaff
- Navigate to Time/Projects
- Select Add Time
- Use the Calendar Icon to select the week you wish to enter time for
- Use the dropdown to select the Resource you wish to enter time for
- Use the dropdown to select the Contract you wish to enter time for
- Use the dropdown to select the Project you wish to enter time for. If the field is unavailable, the resource is not tied to a Project. Contact the Managed Service Provider for further assistance.
- Use the dropdown to select the Category
- Type any Comments (if applicable)
- Enter Time In. This is the time the resource started working
- Enter Break Out (if applicable). This is the time the resource left to go on a break
- Enter Break In (if applicable). This is the time the resource came back from their break and began to work again
- Enter Time Out. This is the time the resource stopped working. Pay close attention to AM and PM on the timesheet. Make sure the total hours worked each day calculate properly
- After all the time is entered, click Submit for Approval. If you save the time in draft status, the Manager is unable to see the timesheet to approve.
Once submitted, the status reads “Awaiting Approval”, and has been sent to the Manager for approval.